State of the Heart Symposium
Saturday, May 28th, 2011
8:00am to 3:00 pm
The Westin Harbour Castle,
1 Harbour Square, Toronto, Ontario
The second annual State of the Heart program again met with an overwhelming success. Our program for this year was oversubscribed and had wait list attendance. We hosted a stellar internationally reputed faculty who discussed contemporary assessment and management of patients with cardiovascular diseases.
This program was specifically designed for physicians and health care professionals who have a particular interest in cardiovascular disease and was designed to enhance their knowledge of the temporal changes in cardiovascular management. This program covered the latest CV management guidelines, late-breaking clinical trial results, and address patient care issues encountered in daily practice.
Plan to attend our 3rd annual State of the Heart symposium coming May 2012.
In order to be added to our mailing list and receive early notification of registration for this 2012 program and other CCRN educational offerings throughout the year, please consider Joining our Network. Further details regarding our Network can be found here »
Dr. Milan Gupta and Dr. Howard Leong-Poi
- 7:15am Breakfast
- 8:10 Acute Coronary Syndromes - Contemporary Antiplatelet Strategies
Shamir Mehta, MD
- 8:30 Preventing Clinically Important Outcomes in People with Type 2 Diabetes - What's New?
Hertzel Gerstein, MD
- 8:50 When Should an Antiarrhythmic Drug be Used in Atrial Fibrillation?
Milan Gupta, MD
- 9:10 Atrial Fibrillation - New Options in Stroke Prevention
Paul Dorian, MD
- 9:30 Question and Answer with the session panel
- 10:00 Break
- 10:30 Percutaneous Valve Replacement - The Future is Now
Mark Peterson, MD
- 10:50 Heart Failure: Combination Treatment Strategies
Michael McDonald, MD
- 11:10 New CETPi – A New Era in Raising HDL
Jean-Claude Tardif, MD
- 11:30 Bedside Genetic Testing - Are We There Yet?
Robert Roberts, MD
- 11:50 Question and Answer with the session panel
- 12:20 Lunch
- 1:20 Dietary Salt Restriction in the Prevention and Management of Hypertension
Arun Chockalingam, MD
- 1:40 Empowering Patients to Stop Smoking
Robert D. Reid, MD
- 2:00 A Global Perspective to Risk Reduction
Salim Yusuf, MD
- 2:20 Question and Answer with the session panel
- 2:50 Closing Remarks
Subodh Verma, MD
- 3:00 Symposium Close
Session 1 - Year in Review
Session 2 - A Glimpse into the Future
Session 3 - Life Style Modifications and Cardiovascular Risk Reduction